Friday, April 11, 2014

Teaching the Class

Last class, my group had to lead the class and that was okay I guess. I was not up for leading the class on my paper topic, but I had no other choice. I presented my topic to the class and told them a tad bit about the effect music has had on popular culture. They agreed with me some what, but they also had some valid arguments. We struggled to stay on topic that class as well, because I was still heartbroken that the Undertaker lost at Wrestlemania :(  BUT I digress.... We actually made progress that class, especially with that video that I showed the class. It talked about the 90's and how it was one of the biggest impacts on pop culture. The 90's was a dark age for music. A lot of violence was portrayed in the artist's music back then. They talked about shooting, drugs, killing, and sex. The 'Grunge' era was probably the worst due to the fact that they talked about dying a lot and a ton of depressing lyrics. It pretty much made it seem like they had been bullied and suicide was the only way out of this world. But HIP HOP took off with the gang affiliated artists that were coming into the music scene. They talked about killing people and robbing people, and basically how life was growing up for them. All of this is what truly changed pop culture for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment