Friday, March 21, 2014

Second Essay

Our second essay for class was on family, and I could really relate to this paper. I have had some problems with my relationship with my father. I am not going to really get into the details of the problems, but I will just say we do not get along that well, but we are working on it. My topic for this paper was on the relationship between a father and his son. It is proven that a father and son and/or a mother and daughter only get along but so much. However, when it comes to a daddy's girl and/or a momma's boy, they get along superbly. I saw that same sex relationships between parents and children do not tend to end so well when it comes to relationships between the two. They tend to fight more, tell each other less, and drive each other away. I do not fully understand why this tends to happen, but it does not happen to everyone; just the majority. I found the only way to bond with my father was through racing and sports in general. That was the best way for us to get along. I love him very much, but I feel like he does not understand where I come from. Everyone tells me that my dad speaks so highly of me, but when it is just me and him, I do not understand what I am doing wrong. I have not really been there for my family lately either, and I think all that is doing is adding fuel to the fire. Needless to say, DO NOT neglect your parents or family. They are what got you to where you are today and without them, you would be nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment