Sunday, March 16, 2014

First Essay

The first essay was on Crime and Punishment, and my subtopic was on drugs in public schools. I felt like it was a necessary topic to talk about considering everything that recently happened with Chesterfield County Public Schools. They now have drug dogs that roam the hallways everyday, and if you suspected of being high, you will be drug tested. First of all, the parents of these students should really pay attention to what they sign at the beginning of the year, because that is an invasion of privacy. The school systems themselves are getting out of hand in general, and it is like they are turning into concentration camps. Second of all, you should not have brought drugs to school in the first place. Deal with that crap outside of school! It's not worth getting written up over.

I was not sure if I should have done my paper on that topic, or if I should have done it on the topic of the death penalty in Texas. I found a lot of information on that as well, but I figured I could relate to this one so I went with it. However, it was a little difficult to extend out into 5 to 6 pages. I was struggling really bad with finding more info on this topic. Other than that, I love my paper on Crime and Punishment. It pretty much summed up how happy I am to not be in high school anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment